I’m done writing in depth travel blogs. Here’s a bullet listed run down, with a photodump of each place. Sorry about that!
- Stayed with my Uncle/Aunt/Cousin
- Spent time with them catching up – nice
- Walked through Central Park
- Met with friend Alexis in Williamsburg
- Ate a rainbow bagel
- Walked around China Town, Little Italy, Times Square
- Lots of walking ~14mi
- Explored Greenwich Village (gay area)
- Empire States Building was cool
- New headphones
- Pooped in Trump Tower (on purpose) #DumpOnTrump
- Seder with family friends – good fun!
- Looked around Columbia University at night
- Visited Wall Street
- Met friend Danielle
- Freedom tower was cool
- Ground Zero was kinda haunting
- Lunch in Chelsea – The Cantena (or something)
- Hung out w/ cousin & boyfriend – good to catch up
- Second Seder night with family!
- Arrived home relatively late, watched Game of Thrones
- The dreams of the nineties are alive in Portland!
- Stayed in hostel/airbnb with Ross
- Craig, T, Darkhan stayed elsewhere
- Made friends with bunk mate, Mariko, tourist from Japan! She’s so lovely
- Journey down was beautiful, pine forests, Columbia river gorge(ous)
- Portland is a spontaneous terrarium – life is everywhere!
- Saturday markets, great crafts, good fun
- Walk over to the zoo, rose garden (only 1 rose) and japanese garden
- Ate with another hostel made, Dane, owned 2 guns
- Went to Burnside Brewery, some weird and some delicious beers
- Accidentally ended up at a gig of Asher Fulero Band
- Revisited Saturday market to see more
- Wandered around the mean streets of Portland
- Visited Powells – a bookstore a whole city block big!
- Headed to Deschutes Brewpub for lunch
- Drive home with Evan
- Stopped at Multnomah Falls
- Arrived home relatively late
- Watched Game of Thrones!
- Drove down with Ross, Nutsinee
- Met Craig, Darkhan, Dave (new flatmate I might have failed to mention)
- Started at coffee shop, bussed to Pike Place Market
- Food – Gyro (they spelled it “Yurro” just to be safe!)
- Walked over to Space needle, long line, so straight to gift shop
- EMP closed.
- Go for food again – Jamjuree (same place ass comicon day)
- Elysium Bar – Played 3 or 4 rounds of Avalon
- Back to airbnb – nice place for 3 people!
- Wake, breakfast, finally meet hosts!
- Go out for breakfast
- Drive back into the Capitol Hill, meet other at coffee shop
- EMP! Big museum (Experience Music Project)
- Indie game exhibit – played a bunch of indie games
- Experience music – a bunch of instruments to play. No talent -> I didn’t stay long!
- Star Trek exhibit! More my speed
- Sci-Fi exhibit, cool
- Horror exhibit – interesting
- Fantasy exhibit – kinda insulting
- Food – the Armory, meat pie (with Brown Sauce!)
- Uwajimaya, huge asian goods shop – includes a bank and a book shop.
- Drive home with Ross, Nutsinee. Listen to Harmontown podcast
Happy digesting! Maybe one day, I’ll go through these in more detail.